16.10.10

4x4 house by Tadao Ando

4 x 4 house, Kobe, Japan
designed by Ando Tadao 



Tadao Ando,
the Japanese architect,
well-known for use of concrete and dramatic effect of light,
and so on.
First of all,
I love the site.
exactly same as what I have in my mind.

Love the way
this house is facing public street
where any neighbour can pass by
and
the other side is facing ...



THE SEA!

Although the facade facing the street makes
people think this building is so enclosed...

One facade is open to the nature so the occupants enjoy the view very privately.

Also, the way he used concrete and glass is beautiful;
The big window on the top level balances the heaviness of the concrete structure.
I like its verticality, too.
Designers from Japan have expertise at using economic footages when designing a building because they live in a country where the price is very high. Therefore, verticality is very important in dwelling in Japan.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for providing visuals of Mr. Ando's 4x4, would like to build one similar to it someday. Same sentiments as what you wrote: "First of all,I love the site. exactly same as what I have in my mind."

    ReplyDelete